According to Google Trends, Laravel is the best-used framework. It is free, open source framework and has taken the web-world by storm. Laravel has been considered to be the best PHP framework and will allow you to build large and complex web applications. For this, you just need a text editor and PHP installation to get started. Laravel speeds up the development process, and gives very secure authentication tools, and lets dynamic use all around. It is not like those eCommerce or CMS frameworks, which will satisfy your specific needs. But, Laravel is an all-rounder. With the help of this framework, you can code, you can build perfectly working eCommerce or CMS Web application.
1. Easy to get started
Okay!! Read the title again, First reason why people starts with laravel is, It’s easy to get started. Even if you’re aware of just basics of PHP, You can easily develop 5 page site in just few hours. Still it’s not the only reason why you should choose laravel. There’s much more.
2. Security in nature
It provides you a few but essential things which make your application secure. For example- ORM uses PDO and this prevents SQL injections. Laravel uses the salted hashed password that means it never saves the password in plain text in the database. For creating an encrypted password, it uses the script hashing algorithm.
3. Open Source
It is free, open source framework that will allow you to build large & complex web applications easily. All you need is a text editor & PHP installation to get started.
The framework of laravel is designed on 20+ distinctive Object Oriented libraries, which are not present in any other PHP framework like CodeIgniter, CakePHP, Symfony, Zend Framework 2 and Phalcon. This allows you and developers to create responsive, useful and modular web apps.
Another reason why Laravel is extremely famous among designers and programmers. We know testing is a crucial thing for any application ahead, it’s available for end users. It provides facilities for Unit Testing and ensures that the new updates done by designers do not break anything in the application during the different tests.
6. Built-In tools
This amazing PHP framework comes with plenty of built-in resources that are not available on other popular PHP frameworks. Some of these resources include routing, verification, caching and so on.
7. Supports MVC architecture
Keep in mind that transparency between business logic and presentation in development is vital. Laravel is based on MVC (model-view-controller) Architecture and has lots of built-in-functions, MVC boosts performance and gives better documentation. This architecture helps in improving performance, the better documentation, and has many built-in functions.
8. Cron entry
In the past, developers have generated a Cron entry for each task they need to schedule. However, this is a headache. Such task schedule is no longer in source control, and developers must SSH into the server to add the Cron entries. The Laravel command scheduler allows for the fluent and expressive defining of command schedule within Laravel itself, and only a single Cron entry is needed on the server.
9. Community support
Being a developer, you’ll get stuck with many problems related to development. If You’re stuck and there’s someone, who already gone through it & who can guide you, then, development would be less painful. It has wide community, which makes it stronger player among others. If you report any bug or security breach in framework, response of community is quick.
Why is Laravel so popular?
- Developers can start to build a Laravel application within a few minutes! It’s always a fun process. Laravel gives the right tools and nice ideas to help build website faster, more stable and very easy to maintain.
- Tasks that usually take hours and hundreds of lines of code to write, can be done with Laravel framework in a few minutes with pre-built functions. For example, basic authentication (including social login integration), cache (to improve performance), form validation (to ensure that user has provided necessary and properly formatted information), and etc. are already implemented in a new installation of Laravel. Development becomes easier, faster, and efficient!
- Writing unit tests is usually very time-consuming; however, it’s definitely worth the spent time because software testing provides clients with information about the quality of the product or service. Fortunately, Laravel testing is already integrated into the framework!
- Laravel community is very friendly and helpful, and documentation is detailed: developer doesn’t need to spend much time researching best practices in developing and maintaining web applications and making decisions on how to implement everything properly. Unlike Symfony or Zend framework, developers can find many code snippets, tutorials, courses about Laravel.
- With October CMS based on Laravel 5.1 LTS (Long Term Support) PHP Framework, the process of building absolutely anything from simple promotional sites to high-powered web applications becomes even easier. October CMS now is a go-to platform for many developers and clients. It has been installed more than 100 thousand times.
Laravel is the best framework in the development industry. It offers several benefits in the fast and easy development of web app and designs. This framework is really effective and promising and has created a large number of opportunities. When hiring a Laravel Development Company, must look at the past work of the company and check out the feedback of clients as well.